- A Biblical Theology of Church Discipline -- "...God’s discipline of his people is an integral part of the Bible’s entire storyline, from Eden to the new creation."
- Christian group's lawsuit against University of Iowa pits freedom of religion against gay rights -- "The Christian group said anyone can become a member, but the leaders must affirm a statement of faith that rebukes homosexuality, which is within their rights according to laws guaranteeing freedom of religion."
- How Their Refusal To Tolerate Dissent Is Creating A Global Backlash Against LGBT People -- "...extreme LGBT ideologues do not accept reality. As the Masterpiece Cakeshop Supreme Court case shows, their goal, domestically and globally, is to impose social acceptance of homosexuality and transgenderism even on those unwilling to celebrate it."
- Let us Worship God -- "To worship is to bow, stoop, or fall prostrate. Essentially it is bowing to the sovereign will of God."
- Moody Bible Institute Facing Unprecedented Crisis. Please Pray! -- "In addition to a dramatic financial downturn, which caused the institute to close its Spokane campus and cut nearly one-third of its faculty, MBI leaders are now dealing with allegations that they have betrayed the institute’s mission."
- Moody Bible President and COO Both Resign, Provost Retires -- "Yesterday, Moody Radio host Julie Roys—who recently detailed allegations against the school’s administration on her blog—revealed that she had been fired."
- Nathan Bedford Forrest: Instead of statue demolition, why not turn the tables on racists? -- "Ripping down statues and removing busts is motion, not action. Focus instead should be on Forrest’s change of heart, his General Order No. 1, and the personal respect about which he spoke later in his short (56 years) life."
- Search engine exposes the "dark web" -- "The internet is much, much bigger than people think. By some estimates Google, Microsoft Bing, and Yahoo only give us access to around 5% of the content on the Web. That leaves a lot of room for bad actors to operate freely in the shadows."
- The Dumbing Down of Christianity -- "We have replaced rich, robust theology in the church with emotional music and constant reminders that “God is love and loves you and He’s your personal Savior and loves your soul…”"
- Why James Damore’s Lawsuit Will Be A Public Relations Nightmare For Google -- "During discovery, the plaintiffs will have the ability to request every document, email, and text concerning politics involving Google’s decision-makers."
- Why Oprah's Golden Globes speech stands for the hope, hypocrisy and hubris of Hollywood -- "It’s all very well for the rich and powerful to sit and applaud as one of their own attacks the rich and powerful. But does it really change anything?"
- Why repentant pastors should be forgiven but not restored to the pulpit -- "Christians struggle with this question because Christianity centers on the idea of forgiveness."
- You Should Never, Ever Argue With Anyone on Facebook, According to Science -- "We respond very differently to what people write than to what they say--even if those things are exactly the same."
- 6 Preaching Methods Jesus Used That You Should Too -- "I think we can all agree that Jesus is the greatest preacher to ever walk the face of the Earth."
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
A Biblical Theology, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.