- Americans’ Perception of Pastors Is a Mixed Bag -- "And while pastors may have an image problem, personal contact seemingly counteracts negative perceptions. Among those who know a pastor personally, 64 percent regard pastors very positively.
- Continuationism is not a non-essential doctrinal issue -- "I am becoming convinced more and more every day that continuationism is not just a non-essential doctrinal issue for Christians."
- How To Close Abortion Facilities From The Inside Out -- "When former abortion workers speak out in public about what they did in their clinics, what they saw happening, and the disrespect consistently shown women, hearts and mind change, and abortion facilities close."
- Immigration Links -- "My posts on the topic of immigration, and links I've viewed on immigration."
- Letter to Oklahoma University President David Boren and the OU Board of Regents -- "...Kirk Humphreys, evangelical Christian and former Mayor of Oklahoma City, “resigned” from the Board of Regents at the University of Oklahoma [because of his] biblical stance on the issue of homosexuality."
- Martin Luther King and Robert E. Lee, and Why We Triggered You This MLK Day -- "History doesn’t change because of 21st Century cognitive retardation."
- Mennonite Church USA's Largest Conference Leaves Denomination Over Homosexuality -- "In 2015, Mennonite Church USA adopted a resolution calling on those within the Mennonite Conference USA to ‘offer grace, love and forbearance toward conferences, congregations and pastors in our body’ who conduct same-sex marriages."
- The Christian Character of General Robert E. Lee -- "He had lived, as he died, with this supreme trust in an overruling and merciful Providence; and this sentiment, pervading his whole being, was the origin of that august calmness with which he greeted the most crushing disasters of his military career."
- The Holy Bible: arranged so as to give as far as possible the accuracy, precision and certainty of the original Hebrew and Greek scriptures on the pages of the Authorized version -- "The Englishman's Bible, by Thomas Newberry"
- Why Churches Should Excommunicate Longstanding Non-Attenders -- "...pursuing longstanding non-attenders—those who have been wholly absent for months or even years—and excommunicating those they can’t find is a mark of a healthy church."
- 10 Things Only Preachers Can Understand About Preaching -- "Nobody I know wants to preach just for the crowd, but we catch it when the congregation doesn’t seem to be with us."
- 5 Myths of Higher Education and Peer Review -- "The mainstream peer review process has failed on numerous occasions, and has even left many mainstream scientists skeptical of its use and effectiveness."
Friday, January 19, 2018
Americans’ Perception of Pastors, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.