- 5 Steps for Finding the Point of Any Passage in Scripture -- "...there are a handful of things that you can try to find in your text, no matter where you are in the Bible, that will help you find the point."
- 9 Worst Kinds Of Hilariously Trendy Church Names -- "...I conducted an informal social media survey, and was overwhelmed by the responses...I’ve pared down the list and broken these church names into nine handy categories."
- 17 Things You Should do to Every Blog Post Before + After You Hit Publish -- "...if you’re going to put so much effort into writing your post, why not take a few extra minutes to make sure it’s at the top of its game?"
- Blind Loyalty – Why Civil Discourse is Dead -- "We, both sides, have become so tied to our ideals that we cannot have a rational discussion about anything that goes against them."
- Business As Ministry -- "For the Christian, life and work is not primarily about the self — self-achievement, self-accolades, or even self-wealth, or a surplus of monetary rewards."
- Christmas Timeline of the Biblical Account -- "The Christmas timeline of the biblical account is called into question by many skeptics."
- Kids don't need a cellphone; they need a digital diet -- "A media diet is just like a regular diet. If you’re not consistent in the first few weeks and months, you will fail."
- Reciting Other People's Poetry: A Dusty Relic or Powerful Teaching Tool? -- "English teachers say that memorizing and reciting aren’t dusty relics, but powerful levers that help them impart key skills to students..."
- Reflections on the Advent of the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship -- "Several Bishops and pastors departed from FGBCF, because of the insistence of Bishop Morton holding all Bishops and pastors accountable to speak in tongues and leading their memberships to do the same."
- Unfair Texas law is not going away -- "At least four bills in the 85th regular session of the Texas Legislature that would have addressed an unfair law in the Lone Star State failed to go much of anywhere."
- What is a Reformed Baptist -- "What is it that makes a “Reformed Baptist” distinct from other kinds of Baptists and Reformed folks?"
- Words and Phrases Christians Need to Abandon -- "Humans are humans, and angels are angels."
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
5 steps, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.