- A Confession of Faith on the Inspiration and Preservation of Scripture, part 1 -- "I confess that God, through a supernatural operation of His Spirit, used holy men to miraculously produce the autographs of the 66 canonical books of the Bible, controlling them in such a manner that the very words, and all of the words, that they recorded were the very words of God Himself."
- About the Johnson Amendment - "Repealing the Johnson Amendment will have no impact upon what my church (or most churches) do. It is an empty gesture."
- Editions of the KJV and the Apocrypha -- "The first printing was in 1611."
- Faith is waning in America? I dissent -- "I’m aware of the rise of the so-called “nones”...Rather than claiming to be Christians, as many have done in years past, now these people are now willing to be more honest."
- Fake Florida doctor who ‘enhanced’ buttocks with cement, caulking gets 10 years for manslaughter -- "On Monday, a judge sentenced Morris to 10 years in prison and five years probation for her crimes."
- KJVToday Language Guide -- "This page is designed to help readers by explaining some of the most essential words and features."
- Quotation Marks -- "The KJV does not have quotation marks because the Hebrew and Greek do not have quotation marks. If a reader has trouble discerning who the speaker is in the KJV, most likely even professional Bible translators have trouble discerning who the speaker is in the same passage."
- Status of previous editions of the NIV -- "The Committee on Bible Translation (who are solely responsible for the translation of the NIV) and Biblica (the worldwide NIV publisher and copyright holder), have designated the Wheaton College Archives & Special Collections as the official repository of historical documents related to the NIV."
- The False Compassion Of Liberalism -- "But government, by its nature, is not compassionate. It can't be. It is nothing other than a force. Government can only spend a dollar to help someone when it forcibly takes a dollar from someone else."
- The Geneva English Bible: The Shocking Truth -- "That ‘shocking truth’ is still kept alive, as is the notion that Geneva Bibles were popularly disliked before 1600, for which there is no evidence."
- What will Methodists do about lesbian bishop? -- "Two groups have formed within the denomination over the issue. The Wesleyan Covenant Association, based in Reynoldsburg, believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that single people should be celibate..."
- Why read the Bible in the King James Version? -- "Although there may be different opinions on translation or textual choices (as proposed by these authors), every reading in the KJV can be justified by reasonable alternative theories."
- 7 things that make mosquitoes bite you more -- "...keep in mind that these are preliminary hypotheses, not ironclad conclusions."
Tuesday, May 02, 2017
Faith is waning, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.