- Christianismus primitivus -- "Christianismus primitivus: or, The ancient Christian religion, in its nature, certainty, excellencey, and beauty (internal and external) particularly considered, asserted, and vindicated, from the many abuses which have invaded that sacred profession, by humane innovation or pretended revelation"
- George W. Orser and the "Orserites" -- "...the kindly and honest Primitive Baptists--New Brunswick's first and only native denomination. (pp. 214-237)"
- Osgood C. Wheeler -- "After organizing the First Baptist Church in San Francisco in 1849, Mr. Wheeler went to San Jose and organized the First Baptist Church there, and then came to Sacramento where he organized the First Baptist Church on Sept. 14, 1850."
- The Baptist Library, A Collection of Rare Books and Association Minutes -- "The Baptist Library is focused on locating and preserving historical church documents, books, bibles, periodicals, pamphlets, booklets and songbooks."
- The Office of "Messenger" amongst British Baptists in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries -- "...in various passages they are called apostles, or in English, messengers of the churches. They thought it probable that the angels or messengers of the seven churches in Asia to whom the author of the Revelation addressed his epistles were also of the same order."
- Thomas Grantham: Christianismus Primitivus -- "Thomas Grantham lived in an age when kings were beheaded, national church structures were dissolved, and Baptists were regularly imprisoned."
- Thomas Jefferson Simmons -- "Elder Thomas Jefferson Simmons, the Baptist war-horse of the Pacific coast, has gone to his reward."
- 10 Fascinating Bastard Children Of Popes -- "...Popes usually came with offspring in Renaissance Italy."
Saturday, August 13, 2016
Christianismus primitivus, and other historical links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.