- Bible readers prefer King James version -- "Although there are two dozen English-language Bibles in many contemporary translations, the King James Version reigns even more supreme among those who actually read their Bibles: 82% of those who read the Good Book at least once a month rely on the translation that first brought the Scripture to the English-speaking masses worldwide."
- Dr. John Clarke -- "From its inception, Mr. Clarke was a leading spirit in the new colony. His life is so interwoven with its history, that to have a correct knowledge of the one neccessitates a knowledge of the other."
- FBI’s baffling rescue of Hillary is turning America into a banana republic -- "...by ignoring the findings of his agents — which have been documented on these pages, and which he documented in a bizarre press conference Tuesday — Comey has done his best to move rule of law in this country one big step closer to that of a banana republic."
- Free of State of Jones (movie review) -- ""And the script includes facts mainstream studio historicals tend to leave out: The characters, both black and white, take Scripture seriously as a source of comfort and guidance. An earnest belief in heaven gives them courage to push on amid crushing injustice."
- Harahan woman booked on theft, desecration of 'racist' Confederate flag on Fourth of July -- "Police said that when they tried to retrieve the Stars and Bars from Christina’s vehicle, they found marijuana, cocaine and alprazolam."
- Ill Newes from New-England -- "...while old England is becoming New, New-England is becoming Old."
- Iowa Bureaucrats Force Trans Bathrooms On Churches, Forbid Non-PC Preaching -- "The American philosopher John Rawls...insisted people could not be free if other people refused to make them feel nice."
- Losing Hold of the Bible -- "Another danger to churches, denominations and missionary societies is those modern confessions that relegate Scripture merely to ‘containing’ the words of God or being the ‘supreme’ rather than the ‘only’ authority for faith and practice, or which deny the ‘sufficiency’ of Scripture."
- The Infiltration of Churches by Gender-Justice Jihadists -- "I have called them “gender justice” jihadists, not because they are Muslims, but because they are militantly and fanatically committed to their false “holy war” against the Bible..."
- What Are Gospel Issues? -- "The statement “X is a gospel issue” is simultaneously (a) a truth claim and (b) a polemical assertion attempting to establish relative importance."
- What is a Gospel Issue? Some Minor Clarifications -- "The blade has been dulled from over-use."
- Why Complementarianism Can’t Be a “Gospel” Issue -- "From its use we can infer that a “gospel issue” is one that is essential to a right understanding and practice of the Christian life for those who believe the gospel."
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Bible readers prefer King James, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.