- A Rebuttal of James White's book, The King James Only Controversy: A Book Report -- "The author states in his Introduction, I oppose KJV Onlyism, not the King James Version itself."
- Book Review: Ancient Christian Worship -- "...insofar as the study of early Christianity tends to focus more on ideas than practices, this book is a particularly welcome contribution which might be profitably used in many a class on early church history."
- Book Reviews: Baptism in the Early Church: History, Theology, and Liturgy in the First Five Centuries -- "This comprehensive work concludes with an impressive ninety-three pages of six indexes..."
- Book review: ‘The Patient Ferment of the Early Church’ -- "All future scholars of the subject will need to take account of this volume and its innovative thesis."
- Going deeper with New Testament Greek (a book review) -- "The authors introduce each chapter with a practical example demonstrating how the subject of the chapter applies to reading and understanding the New Testament."
- Review by Tom J. Nettles of the Minutes of the Philadelphia Baptist Association, 1707-1807 -- "Both form and content make this a compelling book to purchase and own."
- Review of Strangers Below -- "As Guthman tells the story of the lonesome pilgrim of the Primitive Baptist, the reader is thrust into the melancholy mood of this Calvinistic religion."
- Sweeter Than Honey, Richer Than Gold -- "The author demonstrates that with a greater understanding of biblical poetry works, we can glean boundless meaning."
- The King James Only Controversy: Can You Trust Modern Translations? -- "It is a book defending the Christian’s liberty to read from whatever English translation they choose without being accused of being deceived."
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Ancient Christian Worship, and other reviews
The posting of book reviews does not constitute endorsement of the books or book reviews that are linked.