- Association of Historic Baptists -- "The Association of Historic Baptists promotes a particular viewpoint that has long continued to distinguish a group of Baptist churches worldwide from other Baptist groups."
- How did William Kiffin join the Baptists? -- "The second account, given by Thomas Crosby ...suggests that Kiffin first joined an Independent church, then joined John Spilsbery's Particular Baptist congregation and eventually, after a disagreement with Spilsbery, left that also, presumably to gather his own."
- I’m offended but the World Doesn't Care -- "...a deputy sheriff visited in the home of a 7-year-old boy in Palmdale, Calif., who dared to share written Scripture notes that his mother had placed in his lunchbox with his classmates at school."
- ‘Jesus’s Wife’ Hoax Verified -- "The media were all over King's 'discovery' in 2012: 128 newspapers covered it, and the New York Times ran its story on the front page. Now that King has been shown to be a JV player, the big media have shown little interest in reporting the forgery. "
- Karen King Responds to ‘The Unbelievable Tale of Jesus’s Wife’ -- "The Harvard scholar says papyrus is probably a forgery."
- Nicæa and the Roman Precedent -- "Throughout its history, the Roman Catholic Church-State has twisted history to fabricate it primacy.
- Rick Warren Blames God For Poor Planning -- "...Rick Warren had a two-way conversation with God 'the other day'."
- Run, John, Run -- "I’m not sure, however, Bunyan ever wrote this profound and pithy summary."
- 'The Apache Wars' gives history of forgotten conflict -- "Their word for themselves translated to English as 'the people'. To their victims, they were known simply as 'the enemy'."
- The History of Dispensationalism in America -- "The chronology follows this order: Darby to Scofield; Scofield to Chafer; Chafer to Dallas Theological Seminary."
- The Unbelievable Tale of Jesus’s Wife -- "My GPS was homing in on the house of a man I thought might hold the master key to one of the strangest scholarly mysteries in recent decades..."
- Washing the Saints' Feet -- "...if the cleansing from sin and uncleanness by the blood of Jesus was signified by his washing their feet, how shall we understand that the saints ought to wash each other?"
- When Did Each of the Biblical Patriarchs Live and Die? -- "...we learn in Exodus 7:7 that Moses is 80 years old when he returns to Egypt to confront Pharaoh."
- Why I Don’t Subscribe to the 1689 Confession -- "...it fails to adequately explain the purpose of a covenant..."
Wednesday, July 06, 2016
Association of Historic Baptists, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.