- A Texas minister set himself on fire and died to ‘inspire’ justice -- While some have claimed that a fundamentalist minister said he would set himself on fire if the Supreme Court approved same-sex marriage, this liberal minister actually did set himself on fire.
- Gay Marriage Supporters Gain Supreme Court Victory -- "...in a 5-4 decision..."
- Grieving family floored by birthday gift from Peyton Manning -- "...that’s the kind of gesture that will last, no matter where Manning plays."
- It’s Time to Legalize Polygamy "…the marriage equality movement has been curiously hostile to polygamy, and for a particularly unsatisfying reason: short-term political need." [Note: not a "slippery-slope" argument; the author is advocating this position]
- Millions of Americans still embrace the Confederate flag. Don't dismiss them all as racists. -- "…millions of Americans in the South…remain deeply invested in the Confederate flag. I am not one of them. But I do believe their concerns and beliefs are worth considering without dismissing them wholesale as a bunch of backwards racists…"
- Ordinances of Secession of the 13 Confederate States of America -- Texts with links
- The 11 Most Devastating Quotes From John Roberts’ Gay Marriage Dissent -- "The majority’s decision is an act of will, not legal judgment. The right it announces has no basis in the Constitution or this Court’s precedent."
- The Cross and the Confederate Flag -- "White Christians ought to think about what that flag says to our African-American brothers and sisters in Christ..."
- The Insurance Question -- "Should insurance be made a test of fellowship in the churches?"
- This Church Sign Is So Controversial, People are FUMING -- "Kunkle said that the marquee is referencing Satan’s attempt to be equal with God"
- Why the church should neither cave nor panic about the decision on gay marriage -- "This is a sober moment, and I am a conscientious dissenter from this ruling."
Saturday, June 27, 2015
Supreme Court Victory, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.