- Church Discipline, by Claude McKee -- "Church discipline is clearly taught in the scriptures and the Baptist family at one time more closely followed its teachings."
- Church Discipline, by Davis Huckabee -- "The discipline of a church consists in their admitting or rejecting those who offer themselves to join with them; in the members watching over each other; in reproving and admonishing those who walk disorderly, and taking all proper methods to reform them; and in rejecting those who will not be reclaimed..."
- Church Discipline, by L. S. Walker -- "A church that will not discipline its members is either ignorantly or willingly disobeying the Word of God."
- “Don’t do it!!” Why You Shouldn’t Practice Church Discipline -- "Church discipline is both corrective and formative, the latter referring to the church’s work of teaching or forming Christians..."
- Gospel Discipline, by Jesse Mercer, 1806 -- "...we would awaken you to, and exhort you to be promptly active in the execution of discipline - discipline, without which there can be no union, order, peace or fellowship in the church; no, nor church itself..."
- Let's Recover BIBLICAL (i.e. Congregational) Church Discipline -- "...church discipline begins with an individual Christian confronting another individual Christian with the hope of helping that brother or sister remove the speck from their eye, after having removed the log from his/her own eye."
- Most Baptist Churches Do Not Exercise Church Discipline -- "One of the root problems with the lack of spiritual power and zeal in Baptist churches today is the neglect of discipline."
- Public apologies spur church discipline warnings -- "...the biggest mistake related to corrective church discipline among contemporary churches is neglecting it altogether."
- Restoring Church Discipline -- "A church must simply resolve to draw a line and say, “We have been wrong and lax heretofore, but, starting from this point, we put that behind and will practice scriptural church discipline.”"
- The Democratic Foundations of Church Discipline -- "...a member of a Baptist church doesn’t just leave...This discharge could be either honorable or dishonorable."
- The Discipline of the Primitive Churches Illustrated and Enforced, by Andrew Fuller, 1799 -- "Let us, brethren, look narrowly into the discipline of the primitive churches, and compare our own with it."
Friday, June 12, 2015
Foundations of Church Discipline, and other such links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.