- 15 Reasons Why We Should Still Be Using Hymnals -- "Picking up the hymnal, finding the right page, and holding it up to sing grounds you in time and space."
- Everybody Sings ... the Sacred Harp Way -- "Journeying along Judge Logue Road in Wicksburg on a late spring afternoon, motorists often hear the sound of music. "
- I Sing Because -- "Don’t worry about what others think. You aren’t singing for them anyway. Your song should be directed at and glorifying God."
- Local singers reviving centuries-old tradition -- “The notes on the staff are easier to learn if you put your musical education behind you,” Sides, a retired music teacher, says with a laugh.
- Old Strings on a New Harp -- "The joint session began at 9:00 am, an hour before the singing’s scheduled start time to avoid cutting into time for singing, with the two planned scholarly talks."
- Search widens for 2 friends missing since Oklahoma music festival -- "Benjamin Baber and Cody Parrick, both 20, attended the Rocklahoma music festival near Pryor on May 22 but haven't been seen or heard from since."
- Songs for the Season: Psalm 13; Psalm 25; Psalm 33 -- "The three psalm settings I selected provide just a small introduction to the wealth of the Psalms—this book of prayer that God has given the church..."
- ZZ Top Will Finally Play "La Grange" in La Grange -- "Somehow, ZZ Top has never played a show in the Fayette County seat. "
Saturday, June 06, 2015
15 Reasons, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.