Below are a few links on Southern Baptists and Homosexuality. I am not Southern Baptist, and neither is many of my readers. But am I a Baptist. Without doubt as the largest Baptist body in the world, Southern Baptist views are those most frequently noticed and reported on any variety of subjects. I think you may find the following articles interesting.
* Former President Jimmy Carter On Gay Rights: Jesus Christ Never Discriminated Against Anyone -- "However, Carter said that the government shouldn't force ministers to marry same-sex couples if doing so would violate church doctrine."
* Homosexuality Debate Will Not Harm Southern Baptists Like It Did Other Churches, SBC Leaders Say -- "...whatever debate that could have befallen the SBC on homosexuality was resolved back in the 1980s with the conservative ascendancy in the denomination."
* Resolution on Same-Sex Marriage, 2003 -- "...we call on Southern Baptist churches to commit to guard our religious liberty to recognize and perform marriages as defined by Scripture..."
* Southern Baptist Leaders Seek Softer Approach To Homosexuality -- "The Southern Baptist Convention still preaches that marriage can only be between one man and one woman. But some pastors are softening their message."
* Southern Baptists oust ‘Third Way’ church -- "The nation’s largest faith group after Roman Catholics amended its constitution in the early 1990s to exclude gay-friendly congregations, after two affiliated churches in North Carolina made headlines for blessing a same-sex union and licensing an openly gay person to the ministry."
* Southern Baptist pastor accepts his gay son, changes his church. -- "The church just voted two Sundays ago, on May 18, 2014, to not dismiss me, and to instead become a Third Way church..."
* There Is No ‘Third Way’ — Southern Baptists Face a Moment of Decision (and so will you) -- "A church will either believe and teach that same-sex behaviors and relationships are sinful, or it will affirm them. Eventually, every congregation in America will make a public declaration of its position on this issue."
* Your Questions on Homosexuality Answered by The Ethics and Religion Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention
[Note: Jimmy Carter and Plains Baptist Church were once affiliated with the SBC, but are no longer so connected.]