Translate

Friday, October 11, 2024

Joseph’s clothing

The coat of Joseph’s sonship

Genesis 37:3, 23, 31-33 Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours. And it came to pass, when Joseph was come unto his brethren, that they stript Joseph out of his coat, his coat of many colours that was on him; And they took Joseph’s coat, and killed a kid of the goats, and dipped the coat in the blood; and they sent the coat of many colours, and they brought it to their father; and said, This have we found: know now whether it be thy son’s coat or no. And he knew it, and said, It is my son’s coat; an evil beast hath devoured him; Joseph is without doubt rent in pieces.

  • Proclaimed the favoritism of his father.
  • Provoked the jealousy of his brothers.
  • Provided the implication for a deception.

The garment of Joseph’s servitude

Genesis 39:12-13, 15-18 And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out. And it came to pass, when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand, and was fled forth, and it came to pass, when he heard that I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled, and got him out. And she laid up his garment by her, until his lord came home. And she spake unto him according to these words, saying, The Hebrew servant, which thou hast brought unto us, came in unto me to mock me: and it came to pass, as I lifted up my voice and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled out. 

  • Expedited a saint in fleeing fornication.
  • Enhanced the documentation of a lie.

The vesture of Joseph’s exaltation

Genesis 41:42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

  • Accompanied an honest man’s restoration.
  • Advertised a prophet’s new position.

No comments: