Translate

Friday, October 18, 2024

Exhortation to Discipleship

To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts (Hebrews 3:15). Join your response with the old hymn:

I heard the voice of Jesus say,
Come unto me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down
Thy head upon my breast.
I came to Jesus as I was,
Weary, and worn, and sad,
I found in him a resting-place,
And he has made me glad.

…behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. II Corinthians 6:2 For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. James 4:14. There is no promise of tomorrow. Behold, now is the day of salvation.

…as the days of Noe were…before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; Matthew 24:37-39

Hear the word of the Lord. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35

No comments: