Translate

Monday, April 18, 2022

Receive the truth you find

I dare not presume to say that I know I have hit right to every thing; but this I can say, I have endeavoured so to do. True, I have not for these things fished in other men’s waters; my Bible and Concordance are my only library in my writings. Wherefore, courteous reader, if thou findest any thing, either in word or matter, that thou shalt judge doth vary from God’s truth, let it be counted no man’s else but mine. Pray God, also, to pardon my fault. Do thou, also, lovingly pass it by, and receive what thou findest will do thee good.
John Bunyan, in his “Letter to the Christian Reader,” introducing Solomon’s Temple Spiritualized, as found in The Works of John Bunyan: (Volume 3) Allegorical, Figurative, and Symbolical, George Offor, Editor, Glasgow: Blackie and son, 1859, p. 464.

No comments: