- Archibald Brown: “Feeding Sheep or Amusing Goats” – An Article From 1889 About Gimmicks in Worship -- "An evil is in the professed camp of the Lord, so gross, so impudent, that the most short-sighted can hardly fail to notice it."
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Rules Against Presidential Debate Commission -- "...Judge Tanya S. Chutkan of the U.S. District Court in Washington D.C. ruled against the Federal Election Commission in the case of Level the Playing Field et al v. Federal Election Commission holding that the rules governing participation in the presidential debates were decided unfairly and arbitrarily."
- Civil War Cannons Retrieved From The Great Pee Dee River, South Carolina -- "Over the years ever since the guns were thrown overboard, people have always wondered about what happened to these guns..."
- Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data -- "A high-level whistleblower has told this newspaper that America’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration breached its own rules on scientific integrity when it published the sensational but flawed report..."
- Is There Anything We Can Take for Granted (that All Americans Agree about)? A Challenge -- "I have lived most of my life now in American academia and much of my adult life in moderate-to-progressive religious communities...I worry that a culture and a community cannot survive on diversity and tolerance of difference alone. There needs to be an underlying consensual ethical vision that goes beyond tolerance and diversity."
- Is this the first written mention of Jesus? 2,000-year-old lead tablets found in a remote cave ARE genuine, claim researchers -- "The metal 'pages', held together like a ring binder, were found in Jordan in around 2008 by an Israeli Bedouin and make reference to Christ and his disciples."
- It's time for churches to sever ties with Boy Scouts -- "On Monday, the BSA announced that girls who identify as boys will now be allowed to join the Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts – marking a complete capitulation to the gender and sex revolutionaries."
- Misplaced Trust -- "Those eagerly counting on President Trump to make good on his promise to “Make America Great Again” as well as those who exceedingly fear him are both placing too much trust in the plans of men and too little trust in the overriding sovereignty of God, who alone “remains faithful forever”."
- Restoring the Lost Constitution -- "I propose replacing the existing “presumption of constitutionality” and its ad hoc exceptions for certain favored rights with an across-the-board presumption in favor of the liberties or rights retained by the people. "
- Six Points On Luther’s “Epistle of Straw” -- "Luther does appear to have held lifelong doubts about the canonicity of James, but it wasn’t because he was purely subjective as Roman Catholics claim."
- Speaking more of the language of the people -- "My research suggests that 43 per cent of adults living in England will find 50 per cent of the Church of England liturgies difficult to read."
- Texas Ghost Towns: Camden (Gregg County) -- "Sometime in the late 1820s or early 1830s, when Texas was still under Mexican rule, John Walling made his way down to the Sabine River and established a ferry crossing named after himself."
- The Immigration Ban and the Refugee Crisis: A ‘Bible Issue’ or Not? -- "As a Christian, I believe the Bible is God’s Word. As such, you do not cut and paste where you please."
Friday, February 10, 2017
Feeding Sheep or Amusing Goats, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.