- A Brief History of Faithway Baptist -- "It is of interest to note that the first Baptist preacher to preach in Mississippi was put in jail for the law said that if more than nine people were gathered together it was considered an unlawful assembly."
- Baptist Pastor Unearths His Father’s Holocaust Heroism in Wartime Diaries -- "Son, there are some things I’d rather not talk about."
- Historical Take on Baptism -- "The Petrobusians (followers of Peter de Bruys) were credobaptists in the 12th Century and suffered for it terribly."
- “I Loved Heresy…But the Holy Spirit Found Me” — Thomas C. Oden (1931-2016) and the Recovery of Christian Orthodoxy -- "Professor Oden made the pilgrimage from theological liberalism, and what he acknowledged as an infatuation with heresy, all the way to the orthodox affirmation of biblical Christianity."
- Jackie Robinson’s Faith in the Face of Racism -- "You can’t tell the civil rights story without Jackie Robinson."
- Jeshurun -- "...how is it that HE is the GOD of the upright when it is obvious that those for which HE came into the earth are wicked men, worthy of death and fit only for destruction."
- Lower Conduct Standards for Liberals -- "One of the nastiest more recent liberal events was the Occupy movement around the nation."
- Senators Introduce Bill to Award Posthumous Medal to WWII Vet Who Saved Jewish Soldiers in German POW Camp -- "The bill to recognize Edmonds, which was introduced by Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Ben Cardin (D-Md.), Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) and Tim Kaine (D-Va.)" -- A nice example of bipartisanship in the Senate
- The battle lines are drawn in the White House between religious liberty and LGBT rights -- "The fight over LGBT rights could reveal a fault line between Pence, an evangelical Catholic who as Governor of Indiana signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in 2015; and Kushner, who is Jewish and whose social circle includes socially progressive New Yorkers."
- The Enigmatic Pope Continues to Disappoint -- "Pope Francis has become a source of division."
Thursday, February 16, 2017
A Brief History, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.