- Archaic Words in the NIV -- "As we have seen throughout the main body of this work, archaic words are not limited to the AV. Not only do modern versions often retain the supposedly archaic words found in the AV, but many times a more formidable word is used to correct a perfectly understandable word or phrase in the AV."
- A Softer Prosperity Gospel: More Common Than You Think -- "Often undetected by Bible-believing Christians, it assumes the gospel and leads its adherents to focus on things like financial planning, diet and exercise, and strategies for self-improvement."
- Former Stanford dean shares the 8 skills everyone should have by age 18 -- "An 18-year-old must be able to talk to strangers."
- Garrison Keillor Is On A Quest To Leave The Religion He Never Found -- "Perhaps the next time he looks down his nose at the Christians who made him famous, he’ll find that the religion he needs is the one that’s been under his nose the whole time."
- Good and Bad Ways To Think About Religion and Politics -- "...asking people to drop their religious worldview when they enter public life is “asking them to ignore the source of their moral principles”."
- I Do Not Watch “Sister Wives,” but…What’s Wrong with Polygamy -- "Today I read that the U.S. Supreme Court has declined to hear the case against a state law that criminalizes polygamy."
- Mother Sues to Stop Bible Classes in West Virginia Schools -- "Teresa Russell, another county schools official, told the Charleston Gazette-Mail that the Bible courses are voluntary..."
- Racial Reconciliation, the Gospel, and the Church -- "The relationship between the gospel and racial reconciliation has been a contested topic among evangelicals of late."
- Seminary in Apostasy -- "...I didn't know whether to walk out of class or to vomit. I expected, at the very least, a respect and reverence for the Bible; after all is was supposed to be a Baptist seminary."
- The Biblical Case for Religious Liberty -- "...as things presently stand, the cause of the gospel is disserved if no one will stand up and place on the record the New Testament point of view."
- Tennessee Pastor Resigns as IMB Trustee -- "“If we defend the rights of people to construct places of false worship are we not helping them speed down the highway to hell?"
- The Ordinary Means of Growth -- "Ordinary means ministry believes that God has told us the most important things, not only about the truth we are to tell, but about the way we are to live and minister — in any and every context."
- Throwback Thursday ~ My Favorite Christian Apps -- "A friend of mine...was looking at a list of recommended Christian apps someone had posted and was curious to know which apps I use and recommend."
- Why Ye, Thee, Thou, Thine and Mine? -- "The use of the Authorised Version today is maintained by many Christians, not only on account of its language bringing reverence and spiritual beauty to the soul, but also on account of the ability of its language to support greater accuracy."
Saturday, February 04, 2017
Archaic Words, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.