- 20 quotes from Baptists on religious liberty -- "No king nor bishop can, or is able to command faith; That is the gift of God, who worketh in us both the will and the deed of his own good pleasure."
- A Plea for Religious Liberty by Roger Wiliams -- "...they are only to be fought against with that sword which is only (in soul matters) able to conquer, to wit, the sword of God's Spirit, the Word of God."
- An Appeal to the Public for Religious Liberty -- "Religious matters are to be separated from the jurisdiction of the state, not because they are beneath the interests of the state but, quite to the contrary, because they are too high and holy and thus are beyond the competence of the state."
- Betsy DeVos Confirmed As Education Secretary -- "Today the Senate confirmed Betsy DeVos as President Trump's education secretary, 51-50. Vice President Pence had to cast an unprecedented tie-breaking vote..."
- Clinton reminds us why we’re lucky she lost the election -- "The activist judges who based their ruling on their liberal politics instead of the Constitution are the same kind she would appoint to the Supreme Court and all other federal courts if she were in the Oval Office."
- EPA pick deacon at his church -- "Scott is an active deacon at his church, First Baptist Church of Broken Arrow..."
- Ohio clinic falsely told dozens they had Alzheimer's, lawsuits say -- "...at age 33, he was stunned after being told he had Alzheimer's disease...he stuffed fistfuls of sleeping pills into a bottle and wrote himself a note, vowing to swallow all of them when he wasn't able to remember the names of his children."
- The Baptist heritage of religious liberty and the separation of church and state -- "An enforced uniformity of religion throughout a nation or civil state, confounds the civil and religious, denies the principles of Christianity and civility, and that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh."
- The KJV Store -- "After a long and fruitless search through retail stores and websites, it seemed impossible to find a good selection of KJV Bibles at discounted prices."
- The Lord of Consciences -- "Today, people widely assume that the theory and practice of religious toleration emerged from secular thinkers who were either anti-Christian or on the margins of Christian orthodoxy. But..."
- This secret room in Mount Rushmore is having a moment -- "Abraham Lincoln holds the history of our country’s past. Literally. Tucked inside Lincoln’s frontal lobe in Mount Rushmore..."
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
20 quotes from Baptists on religious liberty, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.