- Always Too Little, Too Late: The Plight of Modern Education -- "This mechanistic approach to education that stresses method over character does not deliver good results."
- Bystander sees Tesla owner loading kids into trunk seats, immediately reports abduction -- "After receiving the report that the driver had possibly abducted a kid and shoved them into the trunk, the cops wasted no time in hunting the Model S down and held the driver at gunpoint..."
- Court of Appeals: New congregation illegally took land and church building from old congregation -- "Members of Parks Chapel accused Kingdom Impact of illegally taking possession of their sanctuary and kicking them out of it."
- In Italy, Islam doesn’t officially exist. Here’s what Muslims must accept to change that. -- " At least 1.4 million Muslims are living in Italy...But as far as Italian authorities are concerned, Islam doesn’t exist."
- James Leo Garrett on the Future of Baptist Theology -- "The first issue refers to the debate over Calvinism, Arminianism, and all views in between the two poles."
- Night shifts and 8 other surprising things that can affect fertility -- "The same Harvard study that highlighted the impact of night shifts noticed the same effect on the egg count of women whose jobs involved heavy lifting."
- Stories of Evangelism in the Early Church -- "...I offer three very different stories of evangelistic encounters in the early Christian world."
- Studying E. Y. Mullins: With Special Emphasis on Baptist Identity -- "Trevin Wax argues, correctly, in my estimation, that Mullins has shaped modern Southern Baptists more than any other single theologian."
- The Duty of a Pastor: John Owen on Feeding the Flock by Diligent Preaching of the Word -- "The modern pastor is expected to be a preacher, counselor, administrator, PR guru, fund-raiser and hand-holder."
- The Pope Ships His American Enemy To the Other Side of the World -- "An American cardinal who opposes Pope Francis has just been sent to the remote Pacific island of Guam."
- Will Trump Get Past The Easy Religious Liberty Questions To The Hard One? -- "What seems to be developing is a very constrained view of exercising one’s religious liberty. It’s ok as long as you confine it to the worship hour in the church house..."
- 25 Reasons Why This Christian is Still Proudly #NeverTrump -- "Because we don’t need politicians who feel compelled to talk about their body parts."
Friday, February 24, 2017
Always too little, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.