- A New Research Project: Editing/Revising the “Handbook of Denominations in the United States” -- "It’s hard to say, this much later, what sparked my curiosity about, almost obsession with, denominations."
- Follow Up to My Post about Denominations: Is Church Attendance Really “Down?” -- "...during the past several decades totally independent churches and unaffiliated denominations have simply exploded on the American religious scene."
- How Denominations Can Survive (If They Should) -- "...as a theologian, I am not particularly interested in the “nuts and bolts” issues of denominational survival."
- In Defense of Denominationalism -- "This nomadic tendency on the part of many American Christians has become so notable that it is almost taken for granted..."
- Reflections and Questions about the Word “Denomination” -- "Why do so many people think so poorly about the word ‘denomination’?"
- What Makes Someone an “Evangelical?” -- "I, for example, am theologically and spiritually an evangelical Christian and have been my whole life."
Note: Don't be confused. The Amazon link above is to the 13th edition, which is currently available, rather than the upcoming 14th edition. I just linked that as an illustration of the book.