Translate

Saturday, October 03, 2026

Just because you’re offended, and other quotes

The posting of quotes of human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify if possible.)

“Just because you are offended doesn’t mean that you have been wronged.” -- Keith Foskey

“A prayer doesn’t have to be long, as long as it is strong.” -- Amos L. Horton

“I welcome allies of every color. What I don’t welcome is the idea that I can’t think for myself unless I think like you.” -- Nyisha Loraine

“God’s word does God’s work by God’s Spirit in God’s people for God’s glory.” -- Alistair Begg

“What a man is when he is alone with God is what he is. Period.” -- H. B. Charles, Jr.

“The world – God made it; we broke it; Jesus fixed it.” -- Alistair Begg

“Any politician who is willing to lie to appease you, is willing to lie to you.” -- Brittany M. Hughes

“To steal ideas from one person is called plagiarism; to steal from many is called research.” -- Steven Wright

“The people who tend to their faith in ordinary seasons, do not come undone in extraordinary ones.” -- Eric Church

“The way you fix the country is to fix yourself.” -- Unknown

“Don’t touch your idols: a little gold always rubs off.” -- From Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert

“Is there a place in the church for sermons that don’t make Christ and his work the central message? Yes. That place is the trash can.” -- Chad Bird

“We need to be more loving and less tolerant – more loving of the truth, and less tolerant of evil.” -- Blake Bozarth

“A little bit of acquaintance with church history often leads people to Rome…an extensive knowledge of church history leads away from that.” -- Jordan B. Cooper

No comments: