Translate

Saturday, November 26, 2022

You cannot destroy a popular belief, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify if possible.)

“You cannot destroy a popular belief merely by proving it false.” -- Patrick Pringle

“A biblical methodology that proceeds from a biblical bibliology must fit what the Bible says about itself.” -- Kent Brandenburg

“My own paradigm of faith and reason accepts revealed things as true and recognizes my own limits in explaining through reason what I believe to be true.” -- Kent Brandenburg

“The last supper has become the lost supper.” -- Steve Atkerson

“The Lord’s rod hath a voice that speaks, as well as corrects; and it is a mark of wisdom to listen, as well as feel.” -- Robert Hawker

“A person’s scholarship is not determined by the name of the school he or she attended, but by the quality of that person’s writing, speaking, and teaching.” -- James R. White

“To the man who lives for God, nothing is secular; everything is sacred.” -- Charles H. Spurgeon

“Most shipwrecks of faith are not at root intellectual, but rather because I want what I want and Christianity is in the way.” -- John Piper

“We should not tailor what we teach to the goal of affirming everybody’s identity. That is therapy, not biology.” -- Jerry Coyne

“Defer not till tomorrow to be wise, tomorrow’s sun to thee may never rise.” -- William Congreve

Some lines from Alfred Lord Tennyson, in his poem “In Memoriam.”
 
I hold it true, whate’er befall;
   I feel it, when I sorrow most;
   ’Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

No comments: