- A one-legged man trapped inside a two-legged man’s body. Amputate? -- "He has suffered psychological angst his entire life because of his two legs."
- Born Again This Way -- "...as a Christian my sexual desires did not have the final say in defining my identity and my life. That fell to God and his word."
- 'But seriously folks': Humor's role in pulpit assessed -- "...transitions can be awkward from humor to 'the weighty issues of Christ crucified and resurrected, of eternity, of Judgment Day.'"
- Down with the Homogeneous Unit Principle? -- "In the recent past, the Homogeneous Unit Principle (HUP) was viewed positively as the rationale for starting churches of demographically similar people."
- FlushTarget campaign launches: truck to visit every Target store in Minnesota -- "A #FlushTarget truck, bearing an image of a little girl being surprised by a man in the women’s bathroom, and the text “What about her rights to privacy and protection?” will be visting every single Target store in Target's home state over the next few weeks."
- Guided by God and Disney, life-size ark rises in Kentucky -- "Ark Encounter could generate up to 21,000 jobs for the region over 10 years and up to $4 billion in revenue for Kentucky..."
- Illinois Bible Colleges Sue State's Higher Education Board -- "We don't think there can be state regulation of a religious program."
- Little Sisters Win: Unanimous SCOTUS Decision a Big Victory for Religious Freedom -- "While various parties challenged whether providing free contraception and abortifacients really constitutes a “compelling governmental interest,” the real argument was whether the Obama administration had chosen the least-restrictive means."
- Obama’s Threat to Defund Schools Over Trans Bathroom Issue Violates Federal Law -- "...for athletics, a boy who feels he should be a “transgender girl” could be excluded from the girls’ basketball team, but not put out of the girl’s locker room."
- The Pasadena Consultation: Homogeneous Unit Principle -- "A discussion of the “homogeneous unit principle” of Church Growth theory was held under the auspices of the Lausanne Theology and Education Group from May 31 to June 2, 1977, in Pasadena, California."
- The Seven Deadly Social Networks -- "Every crime against the divine will has its own corresponding digital brand...Social networks do best when they tap into one of the seven deadly sins."
Thursday, June 02, 2016
Little Sisters Win, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.