- Case Studies in Easy-Believism -- "Surveys have shown that Graham's mass crusades have resulted in few ever joining a church."
- It is a 'spiritual issue' - John Wofford -- "We are also told that if someone comes to us who does not bring the doctrine of Christ, we are not to bid him “God speed.”"
- Mississippians Go to Church the Most; Vermonters, Least -- "Nine of the top 10 states in church attendance are in the South..."
- Mosque lawsuit: editor, profs, ERLC, IMB weigh in -- "A local New Jersey pastor who has served as president of the Baptist Convention of New York told BP the Islamic Society of Basking Ridge does not appear to have been treated differently than local Christian churches."
- New York Times Claims ‘Romans’ Calls For ‘Execution Of Gays’ -- "Come again? Wait, what? What? What in the world is he talking about? A “Bible verse” from “Romans” that calls for the “execution of gays”?"
- One Year Later Truth Remains Clear: Marriage Still Consists of One Man and One Woman -- "The view of how one man and one woman come together in a holy union that held true for millennia was, in an instant, shifted in the eyes of the law."
- Reactions to Seeing Confederate Flag Little Changed From 2011 -- "Survey conducted July 14-20, 2015"
- Romans Prescribes the Gospel, Not Execution -- "The New York Times claims that Romans 1 calls for the execution of gays...It tells us we’re all sinners deserving punishment..."
- Southern Baptists invite black Baptist leader to drive home message on race -- "I would argue it [racism] is without question a sin problem."
- The "Altar Call" Is it helpful or harmful? -- "What is often shocking to many who use the modern invitation system is that the altar call is just that modern."
- The Media Doesn’t Want The American Public To Hear About This Gun-Rights Group -- "How can they take a group that they’ve been stigmatizing and trying to bury for decades and marry it with another group that they’ve put on a pedestal? I think they’d rather just not bring it up in the first place."
- What is a Church? -- "A church is the people described in Acts 2:41-47."
- Why We Don't Use The Altar Call -- "In those years we sang verse after verse of invitation hymns like 'Just As I Am' and we sometimes sang on for an hour or more trying to get people to come forward."
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Case Studies, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.