Translate

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Isaiah 42:1-4

Isaiah 42:1-4. "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law."

(Common Meter)

Behold my SERVANT, whom I love,
My chosen ONE in Time.
HE is the ONE my soul desires,
My SPIRIT dwells in HIM.

HE shall bring judgment to the Earth
Himself HE will abase.
No glory seek nor self proclaim
Till HE hath run HIS race.

A bruise’d reed HE shall not break,
Nor, quench the smoking flax.
HIS judgment show in all HIS TRUTH
And in HIS Righteous acts.

HE shall not fail nor be dismayed,
Nor, let his judgment fall.
Till HE shall reign in all the earth
And manifest HIS law.

Ye trembling saints upon your knees,
Ye mourners at sin’s door;
HE is the ONE who trod your path,
HE, all your burdens bore.

Come unto HIM without delay.
HE bids you rise and come,
Shall such an ONE who bled for you
Not safely bring you home?

Let those who cannot hear HIS voice
In darkness travel on;
But you, who hear this sound of grace,
Come gather at HIS throne.’

HIS tenderness, HE will display
To every sinner called.
Provide their every need and want
For CHRIST is ALL in all.


Hymn by Mike A. McMinnis 7/28/2008

No comments: