- Before There was George Lucas or JRR Tolkien—There was John Bunyan -- "One of the few things they did have to alleviate a modicum of their drudgery was reading, and the attendant escapism that personal imagination could bring."
- Bre Payton, Beloved Staff Writer At The Federalist, Has Passed Away -- "Bre brightened the lives of everyone around her. She was joyful, hard-working, and compassionate, and she leaves behind friends and colleagues for whom she brought nothing but sweetness and light."
- Deacons: Shock-Absorbers and Servants -- "Elders lead ministry, deacons facilitate ministry, the congregation does ministry. That, I believe, is the New Testament model..."
- Facebook apologizes for banning evangelist Franklin Graham for 24 hours -- "Facebook is apologizing to evangelist Franklin Graham for banning him from posting on the site for 24 hours last week, a Facebook spokesperson told The Charlotte Observer on Saturday. It was a mistake to ban Graham over a 2016 post he made on the site, and a mistake to have taken down the post, the spokesperson said."
- Former NYT Editor warns marquee newspapers of Anti-Trump bias, eroding credibility -- "The former executive editor of the New York Times takes aim at her former paper and the Washington Post for news coverage she labels as, ‘unmistakably anti-Trump’."
- Is the Deep State trying to tank the China trade deal, stock market, and economy before 2020? -- "Goldman sees two general possibilities: that Trump knew about and approved the arrest (despite the probably negative effects on the trade deal he seeks) or that he was not witting."
- Is There Such a Thing as Church Authority? -- "Here are seven points regarding the keys of the kingdom, and how local churches exercise authority through their use"
- John Owen on excommunication and the gospel -- "The excommunicated person is to lose all the privileges of church membership. They are “handed over to Satan”..."
- Rand Paul rips Romney for criticizing Trump -- "This is bad for the Republican Party and really bad for an ability to work together in the Senate to get things done, when you take the time to attack someone’s character."
- Steve Chalke, Peter Tatchell, Julie Bindel and the Creeping Normalisation of Paedophilia -- "My own view is that polygamy is well on its way, incest is not too far behind, and what society once regarded as the absolute sin, paedophilia will eventually arrive."
- The Healing Power of Horses -- "Offering health and mobility gains with the aid of horses is the mission of Larry Barnett, a retired U.S. Air Force pilot who became a therapeutic riding instructor in 2004."
- The Ongoing Decline of the American Male -- "We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise."
- The Tragedy of Feminism -- "...the irony of it all is that the feminist movement, while purporting to be all about freeing women from “bondage” to men, has in fact brought women into bondage to the feminist movement..."
- Transmania -- "An astonishing 17 pupils at a single British school are in the process of changing gender...Most of them are autistic, according to a teacher there, who said vulnerable children with mental health problems were being ‘tricked’ into believing they are the wrong sex."
- What is influencing fundamentalist worship today? -- "In my estimation, three sources have influenced modern fundamentalist worship most..."
- You Can’t Preach Christ Without Preaching Depravity -- "If we aim to preach Christ in our churches, then we must preach about what he endured and overcame on the cross."
- YouTube changed search results to appease liberal writer angry over pro-life videos -- "...Glaser worries that the search results could lead viewers to videos like the one from Ben Shapiro that highlights the experience of a woman who regretted aborting her child."
Monday, January 07, 2019
Facebook apologizes, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.