- Apples, Bananas, and the Truth about the Origins of Religious Liberty -- "In our postmodern “truth-is-what-you-say-it-is culture,” there are some who believe they can determine what truth is, or what lies are in this case, for the rest of us."
- Biblical Foundations of Limited Government -- "The proper role of government, the central concern of political theory, has long been a controversial issue within Christendom. Disputes continue today."
- Bill Belichick vs. Andy Reid: Who's got the better coaching tree? -- "Of all the expectations, roles and honors we hang on NFL coaches — strategic genius, master motivator, surrogate father — one of the most peculiar, and most pervasive, is the idea of the “coaching tree”."
- Can You Be a Scientist and Believe in God? -- "...do you want a career in science...Then in front of witnesses, tonight, you must give up this childish faith in God."
- CBF elects Georgia pastor Paul Baxley as executive coordinator -- "On Tuesday the CBF Governing Board voted unanimously to hire Baxley, senior minister of First Baptist Church in Athens, Georgia, to succeed Executive Coordinator Suzii Paynter..."
- Five Christian Views on Goal Setting and Resolutions -- "We often fall into the trap of setting unrealistic goals."
- Georgia-Pacific to Exit Communication Papers Business -- "Georgia-Pacific...will permanently shut down the communication papers machines, related converting assets, as well as the woodyard, pulp mill and a significant portion of the energy complex at its Port Hudson, Louisiana, facility."
- Government Shutdown Shows Why We Should Decentralize National Parks -- "As tourist attractions, and as giant recreational areas for locals, public lands are quite valuable as indirect sources of revenue for both private and government sector institutions in the area."
- Practice Charity, Pursue Credibility: How to Respond to a Child’s Profession of Faith -- "For our paedobaptist brothers and sisters, this isn’t a hard question."
- Shocking video shows moment driver finds toddler car seat on road -- "A Minnesota motorist was in for quite a shock when he turned the corner onto a busy street and saw a child still strapped to their car seat on the ground in the middle of the road."
- The Surprising Truth about Successful Homeschooling -- "If a peaceful and happy mother is the real key to successful homeschooling, what is the real key to a peaceful and happy mother?"
- Why Families Should Decide When to “Pull Plugs” -- "You can guess the rest of the story. Frank was right and the MDs were wrong. Jovanna’s injury may not have been survivable, but she survived."
- 1872 Clear Fork Baptist Association Bible Conference Program -- "The Essential Qualifications of an Administrator of Baptism – Elder W. C. Taylor"
- 6 Reasons You Should Preach through Amos -- "...once you understand the historical setting, the original audience, and Amos’ reason for writing, you’ll find his message to be relatively straightforward."
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Apples, Bananas, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.