Translate

Sunday, September 03, 2017

A man is known, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify if possible.)

"A man is known by his enemies—not just by his friends." -- Richard V. Clearwaters

"Christ’s victorious self-sacrifice, as Revelation reveals it, is a counter-intuitive notion whereby a slain Lamb defeats the Great Red Dragon." -- Robert W. Canoy (either by him, or a blurb by someone else promoting his book Atonement in the Apocalypse: an Exposé of the Defeat of Evil)

"We often use our idols to destroy others when we need to destroy the idols." -- Jim Pemberton

"Every aspect of the way God views and saves sinners is designed to undermine racism and lead to a reconciled and redeemed humanity from every people group in the world." -- John Piper

"Once you have been reconciled to God, you have no problem with being reconciled with others." -- Fred Luter

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." -- Milton Berle

"They say blood is thicker than water but not if that water is baptism." -- H. B. Charles, Jr.

"God bestows His blessings without discrimination. The followers of Jesus are children of God, and they should manifest the family likeness by doing good to all, even to those who deserve the opposite." -- F. F. Bruce

"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." -- H. G. Wells

"[Lord] save us from embracing one truth to the detriment of another. " -- Alistair Begg

"I played as hard as I could. That’s all I wanted to be remembered for." -- Larry Bird

"I’ve found a Friend, oh, such a friend! He loved me ere I knew Him; He drew me with the cords of love, and thus He bound me to Him. And round my heart still closely twine those ties which naught can sever, For I am His, and He is mine, forever and forever. " -- James G. Small

No comments: