- A majority of Britons now follow no religion -- "Only 15% call themselves Anglicans. But don’t bet on the Church losing its official role any time soon."
- Are You a Good Parent? -- "...if the non-Christians in the world are doing well at this family thing, should we be doing better?"
- Conference this week in Louisville commemorates 400th anniversary of slavery in America -- "Named after the first known African slave to step onto American soil — Angela was baptized a Christian in her native home."
- How to Use the Back of a Napkin to Prove... -- "Understanding the Trinity may be impossible, but proving that the Trinity is scriptural is not an especially difficult task."
- Racist attack on old white man riding the bus -- "The man suffered a cut on his leg and was treated on the scene."
- Survey: White Christians are now a minority of US population -- "The share of Americans who identify as white and Christian has dropped below 50 percent, a transformation fueled by immigration and by growing numbers of people who reject organized religion altogether, according to a new survey released Wednesday."
- Sneaky Ways That Grocery Stores Are Designed To Rob Us Blind -- "Do you ever walk into your favorite grocery store and head to the location of the item you need only to find that it’s not in its usual spot?"
- Suicide of teen who made sex video shows dilemma for schools -- "The issue also raises a high-stakes legal question because many child porn laws predate the phenomena of teens sharing sexual images by cellphone."
- The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy -- "The conclusion of this council is rather miraculous. If one were to lock three hundred evangelical leaders in a room today, it would be surprising if they all came out agreeing on the color of the paint on the walls."
- The dangers of the great American unchurching -- "Liberals, who are often secular in orientation, will likely respond to the news by rejoicing."
- Theology Doesn’t Begin And End With Romans 13 -- "The answer has to be that submission to the coercive power of the State is first and foremost prudential."
- 10 Ways Husbands Make Their Wives Feel Ugly Without Saying A Thing -- "Husbands usually don't hurt their wives on purpose. But Crosswalk's Molly Parker explores the way a man can make his wife feel ugly without even saying a word."
- 10+ Of The Best Beards From 2017 World Beard And Mustache Championship -- "The World Beard and Moustache Championships are quite possibly the best things ever to happen to facial hair."
Friday, September 22, 2017
A majority of Britons, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.