- How Does the Church Reach Millennials? Hint: It’s Not Flashing Lights or Rock Band Worship -- "Millennials want authenticity — a genuine Christianity and a legitimate worship experience."
- Mr. Sacred Harp receives send off from community he loved -- "He was our Johnny Appleseed."
- Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs in the Septuagint -- "We cannot doubt that the NT church was familiar with the 150 Psalms."
- Titles in the book of Psalms -- "Verses are not numbered in the earliest manuscripts of the underlying, authoritative Hebrew text, so there is no distinction in the text of the title and the text of the remainder of the Psalm...Just as we read Ps 72:20 and consider it to be part of inspired Scripture, so ought we to do the same with the titles."
- What We Lost When We Lost Our Hymnals -- "Few memories are as synonymous with church in my mind, as the sight of my mother holding up a raggety old red hymnal and singing to the top of her lungs the songs of Zion."
- Why WOULD Anyone Sing in Church These Days? -- "...we replaced songs created for many voices with songs meant for one or a few."
Saturday, July 01, 2017
Why would you sing, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.