- Favorite Songs and Hymns: a Complete Church Hymnal -- "Homer F. Morris, et al., editors, Dallas, TX: Stamps-Baxter Music & Printing Co., 1939"
- How blowing into a straw can save your voice -- "...it seems everyone in the voice community knows about the magical straw technique..."
- Hymns to the Living God -- "Welcome to our collection of free, downloadable hymns! These hymns are offered in two formats: 8.5×11 and half sheet."
- “Much More than the Songs”: The Sacred Harp Photographs of Robert Chambless -- "One particular photographer got me thinking about how, and why, we document Sacred Harp visually."
- Music for the Church: Mark Dever Interviews Keith Getty -- "An interview with songwriter Keith Getty"
- Queering Southern Gospel: A Review of Douglas Harrison's Then Sings My Soul -- "White southern gospel music seems like a strange source of pleasure for a 'gay, secular humanist academic,' as Douglas Harrison identifies himself."
- The “market” for our hymnal -- "In every stage of the process of producing this hymnal, we have intentionally not made any decision based upon who or how many people would purchase the hymnal."
- The Sacred Harp (1844) -- "Index to The Sacred Harp, compiled by Benjamin F. White and Elisha J. King in 1844"
- The Twentieth Century Looks at William Billings -- "What of the charges that his music was crude, archaic, illiterate; his fuging tunes pitiful imitations of the classic fugue, merely an American innovation without roots or culture?"
- Why Sing? -- "Jesus is saying, therefore, that the essence of worship, regardless of the outward physical forms, is spiritual response of our affections to truth about God as revealed in His Word."
Sunday, July 30, 2017
Favorite Songs and Hymns, and other music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.