- Book Interview: Church Still Works -- "I was curious to find out what our churches are really doing that makes a difference."
- Book Review: Conscience, by Andy Naselli & J. D. Crowley -- "The book’s most prominent strength is its clarity."
- Book Review: Pastoral Preaching, by Conrad Mbewe -- "In less than 200 pages, Conrad covers much ground in his Scripture-saturated arguments."
- Book review: Perspectives on Christian Worship -- "Perspectives on Christian Worship presents five views on worship as seen through five distinct branches of the evangelical community."
- Book Review: ‘The Closing of the Liberal Mind’ -- "Holmes traces the transition of the American political left from its origins as a philosophy rooted in the classical liberal ideals of free speech and unfettered discourse to one that increasingly relies on censorship and intimidation to silence dissenting opinions."
- Book Review: The Crook in the Lot, by Thomas Boston -- "Puritans such as Thomas Boston knew great suffering."
- Book Review: 12 Ways Your Phone Is Changing You, by Tony Reinke -- "...how our smartphone technology can—and most likely already has—influenced how we live our lives."
- “Evangelical” Is Not a Political Term -- "It is worth saying here just how good much of The Evangelicals is. FitzGerald is a deft and beautiful writer, and her book is often page-turning..."
- John Sailhamer's The Meaning of the Pentateuch: A Review Essay -- "Even before the generation of this digital excitement, I had been looking forward to this book for several years."
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Church Still Works, and other reviews
The posting of book reviews does not constitute endorsement of either the books or book reviews that are linked.