- 13 Great Quotes About the Joy of Reading -- "A classic is a book that has..."
- All Your Questions About Seventh-Day Adventism And Ben Carson Answered -- "Earlier this year, Carson was disinvited from speaking at the Southern Baptist Convention's Pastors' Conference because of theological concerns."
- Bob Ross's 'Joy of Painting' Now Available Online -- "Ross, who died in 1995 at the age of 52...believed there was an artist in everyone..."
- Dred Scott decision still resonates today -- "The Dred Scott decision came just two days after President James Buchanan took office, and it set the tone for his controversial term that led to the Civil War."
- Google Shutters Its Play Books Publisher Portal in Order to “Improve Its Content Management Capabilities” -- "We’ve temporarily closed new publisher sign ups in the Play Books Partner Center, so we can improve our content management capabilities and our user experience."
- Here's Why You Should NEVER Refrigerate Your Bread -- "The truth is, if you want to keep your bread fresher for longer, wrapping it in plastic and storing it in the fridge is the worst thing you can do."
- Sixth Circuit rejects ‘heckler’s veto’ as to anti-Islam speech by ‘Bible Believers’ -- "The First Amendment offers sweeping protection that allows all manner of speech to enter the marketplace of ideas. This protection applies to loathsome and unpopular speech with the same force as it does to speech that is celebrated and widely accepted. The protection would be unnecessary if it only served to safeguard the majority views."
- The Eight Kinds of Commenters in the Christian Blogosphere -- "Over the course of blogging I have discovered that words can be taken in all kinds of ways, many of which I did not intend."
- The Plot to Change Catholicism -- "Pope Francis...favors the proposal, put forward by the church’s liberal cardinals, that would allow divorced and remarried Catholics to receive communion without having their first marriage declared null."
- The Supreme Court, 9-0, on student organizations’ “freedom to express ‘the thought that we hate'” -- "...if a group wants to express hostility to homosexuality — or hostility based on race, or sex, or religion, or what have you — it has the right to do that."
- Why ancient Rome matters to the modern world -- "...we have inherited from Rome many of the fundamental principles and symbols with which we define and debate politics and political action."
Friday, October 30, 2015
13 great quotes, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.