The posting of links and quotes does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked or the comments quoted.
"Marriage is not created by the state, nor is it created by the church. Marriage precedes both church and state, and both are responsible to recognize it wherever it happens." -- John Stonestreet
"It is not good to repent of a sickness and it is not good to treat a sin." -- Karl Menninger (To replace sin with pathology, and repentance with recovery, makes you unable to deal with sin as a spiritual problem.)
"You are only thankful when you realize it is all a gift." -- copied
"Marriage is but one of the channels God uses to enable us to taste how deeply satisfying His thirst-quenching grace can be." -- Sinclair B. Ferguson
"Common sense isn't common except to the believer." -- Steve Brown
"As God by creation made two of one, so again by marriage He made one of two." -- Thomas Adam
"I want my marriage to be like the Earth -- full of life and revolving around the Son." -- Jennifer Smith
* Americans share views on marriage, church and state roles -- "Six in 10 say the government should not define or regulate marriage."
* Arguing Against Gay Marriage -- "The vast majority of Americans no longer believe in the authority of Scripture. So how do we argue against gay marriage in a way that our neighbors can understand?"
* Christian With Christian Message Refused Service by 13 Pro-homosexual Bakers -- "It was the baker’s dozen of discrimination."
* Investing in Hope: Speaking of sin -- "Many of us find it difficult to talk about sin these days, even in church services. It’s just not in vogue in modern America."
* Marriage crisis predated gay marriage, ERLC speakers say -- "...Albert Mohler opened the event by saying the crisis regarding the biblical, traditional definition of marriage as a permanent union of a man and a woman began “with the heterosexual subversion of marriage.”
* The Inconsistent Stance of Christians on Marriage -- "Sexual immorality is sexual immorality. The Lord does not value one sin over the other. He literally hates divorce."
* The scandal of evangelical silence on divorce -- "If I asked you to name the “hot button” social issues of concern to Christians...what probably wouldn’t come to mind is the high incidence of divorce."
* To Go or Not to Go: Why We Shouldn't take 'The Marriage Pledge' Too Soon -- "...Ephraim Radner and Christopher Seitz have offered what they refer to as “The Marriage Pledge,” calling clergy of all stripes to no longer sign government documents of civil marriage."