- 7 Brain-Power Foods You Should Eat Every Day -- "A few tweaks to your diet might restore your mediocre memory to Total Recall."
- Arminianism vs. The TULIP of Calvinism-- "An Outline of the FACTS of Arminianism vs. the TULIP of Calvinism"
- Al Mohler "chides" some evangelicals for holding homosexuality a choice that’s "relatively easy to change" -- "Along with CNN's implication that Dr. Mohler embraces evangelicalism's new but subtle shift in its understanding of homosexuality, stands, side by side, Jonathan Merritt."
- Evangelical college gay rights stand causes uproar -- "Under the proposed changes, faith-based charities with federal grants worried they could lose the right to hire and fire according to their religious beliefs. Religious leaders flooded the White House with pleas to maintain or broaden the exemption."
- Is Your Baby Gay? What If You Could Know? What If You Could Do Something About It? -- "For some time now, scientists have been looking for a genetic or hormonal cause of sexual orientation."
- Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry, Spring 2013, Vol. 10, No. 1 -- "These 'Essays on the “Traditional Statement”' particularly relate to the Southern Baptist debate on Calvinism, but may also interest others who are intrigued by varieties of soteriology."
- Reflected Light -- "They have only a reflected light, of which HE has always been and shall always be, the SOURCE, even as the Moon is but a reflection of the light of the Sun."
- Terminally ill Brittany Maynard takes her own life -- "Maynard ended her suffering from brain cancer right on schedule after hinting at a possible delay in a video released last week."
- Three Days in Nashville Talking to Southern Baptists about Homosexuality -- "The Convention’s theology on homosexuality has not changed. The Bible, as they read it, declares homosexual behavior to be sexual immorality..."
- Top Ten Ways Churches Drive Away First-time Guests -- "I did a Twitter poll to ask these first-time guests why they chose not to return to a particular church."
- Why I am a baptist (with a small 'b') -- "The local church in which I serve as pastor practices the baptism of believers, so we might be considered 'Baptists'. But we also receive as members believers who have been baptized as infants."
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
7 Brain-Power Foods, and other old links
Below are a number of links I had saved to post and had forgotten about; some are now somewhat outdated, newswise.