- Carl and Angel Larsen -- "Telling stories that celebrate a same-sex marriage would violate their religious beliefs and directly contradict the very message about marriage they desire to express."
- Dear churches, you’re killing yourselves and this is how -- "Indeed, the primary goal of the modern church is to avoid offense, at whatever cost. And this is precisely why they’re dying."
- Don’t Speak Up: On the Spiritual Discipline of Silence -- "There is a time for Christians not to speak."
- East side of Lufkin loop shut down due to melting tar -- "Others pulled into the Target parking lot to check out the damage to their vehicles."
- Free Will Baptists: What’s in a Name? -- "Once again, however, as in the North, the Southern brethren, here and there, used Free Will, Freewill, and Free-will with equal freedom."
- Gordon professor takes discrimination complaint to court -- "She also claimed the college discriminated against her because of her gender. She said male professors who have spoken out against the school have not been penalized as severely."
- Lesbian “Bishop” Karen Oliveto Warns to Not “Create an Idol Out of” Jesus, Says He Had “Bigotries and Prejudices” -- "Do those who have supported and defended the efforts to make Dr. Karen Oliveto a bishop in the United Methodist Church love the cause of LGBTQ liberation more than they love Jesus Christ?"
- Okla. Police Chief Defends Posting Bible Verses After ACLU Threatens to Sue -- "With all the negativity in the world, it is time for people to start coming together with positive words and prayer."
- Rely on God’s Word, Not on Techniques -- "The powerful Word of God has been building Christ’s kingdom since the beginning of redemptive history."
- Separation of Church & State Is Not About ‘Religion’; It’s a Battle Against Christianity -- "Do you ever hear about abortion apologists castigating Muslims because they don’t believe in killing the unborn or gay rights groups protesting at mosques, because of the Islamic teachings about homosexuality?"
- Survey of Mexican Migrants, Part Three: The Economic Transition to America -- "The demand for labor appears to play a strong role in shaping the economic destiny of Mexican migrants. Regardless of their background and origin in Mexico or their year of arrival, migrants are concentrated in the same handful of industries in the U.S."
- Take That, AP Style! Court of Law Rules The Oxford Comma Necessary -- "For anyone who’s ever wondered what all the fuss is about over Oxford commas, the circuit judge’s opinion says it all: “For want of a comma, we have this case.”"
- Two Views on Church Discipline: Protestant vs. Roman Catholic -- "Anabaptists, such as Balthasar Hubmaier, also believed strongly in church discipline. Hubmaier linked baptism, membership, the Lord’s Supper, discipleship, and discipline together doctrinally, arguing these practices were inextricably linked."
- Why 'Learning Styles' and Other Education Neuromyths Won't Go Away -- "From the K-12 curriculum standpoint, what's troubling about neuromyths is that teacher-training workshops and curricula perpetuate some of them, most notably the idea that students learn best when taught in a 'learning style' that best suits them, such as visual, auditory, or kinesthetic."
- Woman paralyzed after freak hammock accident -- "As the two watched Pfannenstein’s 4-year-old daughter play, one 15-foot birch came crashing down on top of Pfannenstein."
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Dear churches, you’re killing yourselves, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.