Translate

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Tis Finished

Tis finished! The Messiah dies!
Cut off for sins, but not His own;
Accomplished is the sacrifice;
The great redeeming work is done.

Finished our vile transgression is,
And purged the guilt of all our sin;
And everlasting righteousness
Is brought, for all His people, in.

Tis finished, all my guilt and pain,
I want no sacrifice beside,
For me, for me the Lamb was slain,
And I’m forever justified.

Accepted in the Well-beloved,
And clothed in righteousness divine,
I see the bar to heaven removed;
And all Thy merits, Lord, are mine.

Sin, death, and hell are now subdued;
All grace is now to sinners given;
I only plead His precious blood,
For pardon, holiness, and heaven.


Charles Wesley, Short Hymns, 1762. (This perhaps may be an edited version. For example of another version, see The Cyber Hymnal.)

No comments: