Translate

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Instrumental music in worship

Click here to read an interesting piece on "Instrumental Music in New Testament Worship".

Read and then come back here to write your thoughts in our comments section.


BTW, much of the material online advocating a cappella singing is either Baptist or Church of Christ. I've seen some Reformed stuff also. Last night I ran across an article from a Mennonite point of view -- A Cappella Singing, by Leland M. Haines -- so am linking it for those who might be interested. [Note: this is not the position of all Mennonites.]

2 comments:

clinch64 said...

Jim,

I would think that in terms of a definition, music can still be music without instruments. I would classify acapella singing as music. I think anything with a melody can be termed as musical.

Neil

R. L. Vaughn said...

Jim, I also have problems listening to the music on the "Awake My Soul" web site. I think in my case it probably has to do with my connection speed. You might try the "Southern Living" link that I mention in the Sunday afternoon blog. The song on it came through loud & clear on my computer.