- The Tragedy of William Cowper Brann, Waco's Infamous Firebrand -- "Brann received much criticism for his assaults on Baylor University—he was even attacked."
- The original Baylor scandal: An 1890s coverup of murder, lynching and gunfights -- "...the real victim in the sordid affair is Antonia Teixeira, a 14-year-old Brazilian girl who ended up pregnant while at Baylor."
- The Customary Practice of Headcoverings: An Exegetical & Historical Study by Greg Price -- "…that the uncovered head of men and the covered head of women in worship (as taught by Paul in 1 Corinthians 11) were cultural and customary practices that are NOT specifically regulated by Scripture (per the Regulative Principle of Worship)."
- Teens hailed as 'hometown heroes' for picking up elderly man who fell and taking him home to clean his wounds -- "A group of five teenage boys in Caldwell, Idaho, are being hailed as hometown heroes after a video of them picking up an elderly man and bringing him home to clean his wounds went viral on Facebook."
- Southern Poverty Law Center Is a Hate Group -- "SPLC...uses its past legacy of fighting against racism to add legitimacy to their evolving agenda of hatred towards the large number of Americans who hold conservative and religious values."
- Seminary removes stained glass windows celebrating conservative takeover of SBC -- "Stained-glass windows immortalizing individuals who helped move the Southern Baptist Convention to a more theologically and socially conservative position in the late 20th century have been quietly removed from the chapel of one of the convention’s six seminaries."
- How to Make Your Own Almond Milk -- "...you can easily make your own, homemade almond milk rather than buying it from the store..."
- How a 29-Year-Old G. K. Chesterton Flipped 4 Arguments Against Christianity Upside-Down -- "…the reasons that I have for believing in Christianity are, in very many cases, to repeat those arguments which Mr. Blatchford, in some strange way, seems to regard as arguments against it."
- Dallas will no longer prosecute ‘petty crimes’ -- "There are few crimes that are “victimless,” and most victims are traumatized by the crimes committed against them."
- Congregationalism Doesn’t Stop at 8 p.m. -- "The congregation’s oversight of the church’s membership, discipline, and doctrine ought to be happening all the time."
- Blond vs. Blonde: What’s The Difference? -- "Further complicating matters is the fact that blond, in American English, is often the preferred default adjective while British English tends toward blonde. Can you say “confusing”?"
- A Case for Evening Worship: Sacred Rest and the Public Means of Grace -- "Holding two worship services on the Lord’s Day is one conspicuous way of fulfilling the purpose of the Christian Sabbath; it helps us keep the day holy by beginning and ending the day with the worship of God. It is difficult to set apart the whole day as a day of sacred rest and worship when there is only one service."
- Abortion clinic workers respond to 'Unplanned' movie — and they want out of the industry -- "The number of actual workers who have reached out is 94."
- 2 storm-related fatalities, multiple injuries after strong storms move across East Texas -- "Two children were killed in Angelina County and dozens injured in the Alto area after storms rolled through East Texas on Saturday."
Thursday, April 18, 2019
The Tragedy of William Cowper Brann, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.