Translate

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sit through 6 hours of MacBeth, and other quotes

The posting of quotes by human authors does not constitute agreement with either the quotes or their sources. (I try to confirm the sources that I give, but may miss on occasion; please verify if possible.)

"I find it ridiculous to argue against the KJV on the basis of ‘difficult language’ but then for the high society types to go sit through a 6 hour production of MacBeth and pretend like they understand it all!" -- Scott LNU

"I think it’s ugly to feel arrogant over people you agreed with yesterday, a denial of 1 Cor 4:7." -- Mark L. Ward

"To me it was always ‘Aut Cesar, aut nihil’—either Caesar or nothing. What anybody wanted, in a religious way, with the shell after the kernel was gone, I never could understand." -- B. H. Carroll

"Every student of the Word should ask, 'Is my study of the Bible producing any real change in my thinking and the way I live my life?'" -- Dave Brunn

"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant." -- Maximilien Robespierre

"You can tell how big your problem is by what it takes to fix it." -- Steve Brown

"God’s word is to live by, and not to argue by." -- Copied (author unknown)

"Whenever I find myself in the cellar of affliction, I always look about for the wine." -- Samuel Rutherford

"The faith of today will determine alike the conduct and character of tomorrow. A false theology eventually fruits in foul living." -- William Bell Riley

"Truth ain’t never been hurt yit by folks not believin’ it." -- Uncle Remus?

"For fourteen hundred years the sun was misinterpreted. It made no difference to the sun. Ptolemy had a wrong conception, but the sun kept right on shining. He flooded every day with light, and went out into the fields every summer and aided the farmers in bringing in their crops." -- Credited to a Dr. Jefferson in The Menace of Modernism

"The first and almost the only book deserving universal attention is the Bible. It is a book which neither the ignorant and weakest, nor the most learned and intelligent mind can read without improvement." -- John Quincy Adams

No comments: