- An Examination of the New King James Version -- "...Thomas Nelson initially proposed a mere language update of the Authorised Version (though this certainly was not the result, as shall become obvious)."
- Cf Robinson-Pierpont Byzantine Textform 2005 edition with 1904 Greek Orthodox Bible -- "The following collation comparing the Robinson-Pierpont Byzantine Textform 2005 edition and the Antoniades 1904/1912 Patriarchal edition was prepared electronically, with complete checking and verification by Maurice A. Robinson and Jussi Ala-Konni."
- Defendere Propitiationis -- "A liberal Christian culture is...endangering the central act of Christian redemption and compromising the perfections of God."
- Defending Substitution: a Resolution for the Southern Baptist Convention -- "We cannot say it too strongly: there is no salvation without full and final atonement for sin."
- Faith in America to Protest SBC 2017 -- "...Faith in America (FIA), a pro-LGBT advocacy group, plans to protest the 2017 annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention being held next week in Phoenix, AZ."
- Farmer's Same-Sex Marriage Views Got Him Barred From Local Market -- "The married father of five told Fox News that his farm serves and employs members of the local LGBTQ community, but he nonetheless expressed his opposition to marriage equality twice on Facebook, once in August and again in December."
- KJV- The Impossibility of the Contrary -- "...the King James Version of the Bible can more consistently function as final authority for English speaking peoples in accordance with principles of presuppositional apologetics."
- Love in Romans -- "In the first eleven chapters of Romans, when the word the word love is used it is always talking about God loving people. There is only one exception (in some English translations there are 2 exceptions). With no exceptions, in the last five chapters the word love always refers to people loving other people."
- The Pastor’s Personal Life: A Source of Power in the Pulpit -- "The day you lose your godliness is the day you lose your power in pastoral preaching."
- We tried the regional burger chain many people say is the best in America to see if it lives up to the hype -- "With more than 790 locations across 10 states, Whataburger is a Southern fast-food powerhouse."
- What about the New King James Version? -- "The NKJV makes thousands of unnecessary changes. There are an estimated 100,000 changes, averaging 80 per page."
- Why You Will Join the Wrong Church -- "But these assumptions reveal a deep and unthinking commitment to consumerism: only if the perks of membership outweigh its inconveniences will we think it’s worth it to stick it out."
Friday, June 09, 2017
An examination, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.