- 10 Famous Book Hoarders -- "Karl Lagerfeld has more books than pretty much anybody."
- Another Look at the Earliest Complete List of the Canon of the New Testament -- "Around 250 A.D., in his typical allegorical fashion, Origen used the story of Joshua to describe what seems to be the complete New Testament canon.
- A Once Gay Person's Thoughts On Gay Pride -- "The real problem is that gay pride pushes people further into a lifestyle that God does not condone and, therefore, cannot be what’s best for that person."
- Did the Gospel Authors Think They Were Writing Scripture? -- "...there was a clear apostolic self-awareness amongst the New Testament authors."
- I Don’t Mind Using Preferred Pronouns. I Mind Being Forced Into It -- "Eventually, they’ll come for you, too."
- I preached about a gun rights advocate. He wasn't who I thought. -- "Todd loves family, country and God. I do, too. I think it’s critical for the future of society that we learn to listen to each other, even in our differences. Todd does, too."
- Is my microwave watching me? Top 5 steps to ensure it's not -- "Dismissing IoT device threats in the “internet of everything” world is easy. But privacy and personal data loss isn’t science fiction, so don’t fall victim."
- Melvin Banks Had a Dream -- "When I grew up, all the Sunday school literature was produced by white people and all the writing was done from a white perspective."
- Otto Warmbier Death: 'Young, White, Rich and Clueless' Comments Get Professor Fired -- "Dettwyler posted her Facebook comment two days after Warmbier's death, reportedly writing, 'Is it wrong of me to think that Otto Warmbier got exactly what he deserved?'"
- Sermon Content Is What Appeals Most to Churchgoers -- "...a new Gallup poll suggests the content of the sermons could be the most important factor in how soon worshippers return."
- The Danger of “Church Shopping” -- "By shifting the focus away from the fixed point of Jesus and to the fickle, frequently diverging “paths” of individual churchgoers, churches lose their bearings and become inherently unstable."
- The Masoretic Hebrew vs. The Septuagint (Part 1) -- "The preference for the Septuagint in the Orthodox Church cannot be said to be on account of the poor state of the Masoretic text or that the Septuagint is always or even the majority of the time an earlier or more original text."
- Where Was The Land Of Uz? -- "All the clues point to the land of Uz being to the south and east of the promised land of Israel."
- Why Millennial Women Are Embracing Atheism -- "...atheist women are fueled by the same concerns plaguing millennials in general: a quest for independence and a rejection of the status quo."
- You Can’t Plant a Church If You Don’t Know What a Church Is -- "A clear ecclesiology on the front end defined our orientation for church planting."
Thursday, June 29, 2017
10 Famous Book Accumulaters, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.