- A Book Review of Pascal Denault’s The Distinctiveness of Baptist Covenant Theology -- "The book itself is succinctly written and wastes no space. There is heavy citation of original sources, but the reader will find none of it arduous or difficult to understand."
- Against Returning to Egypt: Exposing and Resisting Creedalism in the Southern Baptist Convention. (Book Review) -- "Self-proclaimed Baptist freedom fighter Jeff Pool, in his critical examination of the document, claims that the RPTSC and its adoption by the SBC represents the most serious theological threat to the denomination in its entire history."
- Baptist Autographs in the John Rylands University Library of Manchester, 1741-1845 "...presents both the historian and churchman with a resource worthy of mining for historical verification, personal anecdotes, insight into the lives of great men and women, and examples of piety in adversity and blessing."
- “Better Than The Beginning: Creation in Biblical Perspective” By Richard Barcellos -- "Is it possible that even while giving lip-service to the doctrine we fail to live in the light of its implications?"
- Book Review: A History of Western Philosophy and Theology -- "Yes, this really is what you think it is, a one volume survey of Western philosophy and theology!"
- Book Review: Neither Complementarian nor Egalitarian, by Michelle Lee-Barnewall -- "Lee-Barnewell does not take a “side” in this discussion, even in conclusion. She advocates instead for a different kind of discussion."
- Book Review: Symphonic Theology -- "I read a helpful little book this past week, and I’d like to pass it on to you. Mind you, it is not light reading."
- Book Reviews (Spring 2016) -- "Reviews of Eight Different Books"
- Erasmus and the Age of Reformation, by Johan Huizinga -- "An elegantly written biography of Desiderius Erasmus describing his life, thought and character as a scholar who hoped to awaken “good learning” and to bring about a purified Catholic church..."
- Review of Stephen Holmes, Baptist Theology -- "This is the best introduction to Baptist theology published to date."
- Review: The Flipside of Feminism -- "...this book outlines the tremendous and continuing damage feminism has done to our nation.
- Thomas Schreiner’s Commentary on Hebrews -- "The words of Jesus on the cross, ‘it is finished’ (John 19:30) capture the theology of Hebrews."
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Denault’s The Distinctiveness of Baptist Covenant Theology, and other reviews
The posting of book reviews does not constitute endorsement of the books or book reviews that are linked.