- Christian Hymns 1889 -- "A huge proportion of the contents (as much as 80%) had previously appeared in hymnals edited by Rigdon McIntosh..."
- Grandpa McWhorter: Singer and Civil Servant -- "Millard Fillmore McWhorter ...had in some manner now unknown become addicted to the Sacred Harp song movement..."
- Hymns -- "To me, the most satisfying exercise of worship has to do with the mostly simple hymn."
- Hymn Thoughts -- "There’s now a complete generation unfamiliar with hymns and gospel songs that have been so much a part of Baptist life, as well as that of other denominations." or Hymn Thoughts
- Instrumental Music in Worship: Does God Want Singing or Playing Instruments? -- "Our goal is simply to determine God's will and to encourage everyone to follow it with conviction."
- Legitimacy of a Metrical Translation -- "As for the scruple that some take at the translation of the Book of Psalms into metre, because David’s psalms were sung in his own words without metre: we answer..."
- Stop Turning Worship into a Talent Show -- "Have you ever heard an argument like this, 'We should change the way we worship so this extremely talented person has the opportunity to use their God-given talent in worship?"
- The Variety of Influence: Forms of Craftsmanship in the 1960 Edition -- "Another longstanding practice found, rather surprisingly, in the 1960 Edition is the unacknowledged derivation of material from early New England composers."
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Christian Hymns 1889, y outre music links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.