- AG Lynch Refuses to Defend Law to Speedily Terminate Wrongdoers -- "Lynch’s sudden constitutional scruples are ironic, given the Obama administration’s past willingness to ignore Constitutional checks and balances and attack First Amendment freedoms when it is ideologically convenient..."
- Aiming to deepen rite’s meaning, Baptist pastor in Ohio baptizes infant -- "But Kennedy did not say no, and during worship on Sunday, April 19, he conducted his and his church’s first-ever infant baptism."
- 'Free the Nipple' Ft. Collins files federal lawsuit -- "Group says topless ban violates First Amendment."
- HB2 and its Pandora’s box: I identify as black and 40. That’s OK, right? -- "Though the administration might have the best of intentions, its fusion of sex and gender raises complex questions. Race, for example, is even more of a social construct than gender."
- Holy Infants? A Closer Look at 1Corinthians 7:14 -- "...if the baptism of infants were taking place in Corinth, Paul would certainly not have written this way."
- 'It’s haunted me': After threats, wife of anti-abortion GOP lawmaker goes public about own abortion -- "I’m extremely proud of my wife for her courage!"
- Obama Tries To Pretend The Second Amendment Doesn’t Exist -- "Obama doesn't want to talk about why strict gun laws don't reduce gun violence, but he has much to say about why we should regulate guns like automobiles."
- Religious Groups’ Views on Evolution -- "...affirm that evolution and the Bible do not contradict each other."
- Seven Things You Should Know about the Civil War -- "Wilmer McLean, a Virginia resident, has one of the most interesting stories of the War."
- The Amish understand a crucial thing about modern medicine that most Americans don’t -- "Long before Obamacare, Plain communities achieved what the rest of America had not: universal healthcare coverage."
- The Baptist Ecclesiology of E. Y. Mullins: Individualism and the New Testament Church -- "Most observers consider E. Y. Mullins to be the most influential Southern Baptist theologian and denominational leader of the twentieth century."
- The Disciples in Ephesus – Acts 19:1-7 -- "The debate surrounds the questions of whether or not the twelve disciples mentioned in Acts 19:1-7 were actually born again or not."
- The LGBT Movement Will Self-Destruct -- "Ideas have consequences, and gender ideologues are only beginning to grapple with the fruits of theirs."
- U.S. flags removed from Confederate graves on Memorial Day weekend -- "I don't think this is an organized effort by a group. It's just some folks who don't quite get why the flags are out there and feel compelled to take them down."
- Why There Are American Flags on Confederate Graves -- "...in 1958 Congress chose to consider Confederate soldiers as the equivalent of Union soldiers as Civil War Veterans."
- Woman Who Was Arrested for Letting 11-Year-Old Son Drive Golf Cart Speaks Out -- "In the arresting documents, the officer said Mall failed to “surrender her hands to be handcuffed” and that Mall and her husband were “intoxicated…uncooperative and obstinate”."
Tuesday, June 14, 2016
AG Lynch, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.