- A Confession of Liberal Intolerance -- "We’re fine with people who don’t look like us, as long as they think like us."
- A look inside the Creation Museum's cabinet of curiosities -- "Treating the Creation Museum too readily as an outlier and isolated case, “Righting America” never quite gets around to engaging these kinds of questions — leaving its subject matter behind glass for us to gawk at."
- A Mathematician's View of Evolution -- "...a good many mathematicians, physicists and computer scientists...are appalled that Darwin's explanation for the development of life is so widely accepted in the life sciences. Few of them ever speak out or write on this issue, however..."
- A Word to Young Preachers about Pride -- "If you’re not willing to preach in the basement, you have no business preaching in the bay window."
- Atheists abandon "religion causes war" argument -- "Scott Atran is the first atheist to publicly come out and admit the historical nonexistence of the oft-claimed connection between religion and war..."
- Black Pastors Slam Obama Admin’s Equivalence of Gender Identity Ideology with Black Civil Rights -- "Owens referred to attempts by the Obama administration to make the LGBT political and social engineering agendas the equivalent of civil rights a theft and outrageous extortion and usurpation of the Civil Rights Movement."
- Brief Survey of Historical Background to Church Discipline in Baptist Churches -- "Baptist churches have especially been concerned about the issue of church discipline because of our commitment to a regenerate church membership."
- Leftward to Scofield: the Eclipse of the Kingdom in Post-Conservative Evangelical Theology -- "To understand the project of “post-conservative” theology, one must examine the context of the emergence of the postwar evangelical movement as a theological enterprise."
- New Reformed Baptist Group in the Works: Reformed Baptist Network -- "…In the end, we agreed that the Network would be based around subscription to the 1689 Confession, and would be formally organized for fellowship and cooperation in Missions. "
- Seven Theological Issues Confronting the Local Church -- "...the church must reassert the primacy of the ordinances."
- The Mathematical Impossibility Of Evolution -- "...because it still seems to show in a very simple way that evolution is impossible—no one, to my knowledge, has ever tried to refute it."
- Top Ten Favorite Reads in 2015 -- "I list these books in no particular order, just ten of my favorite reads in 2015."
- Touch Not God’s Anointed and Don’t Talk To Him Either -- "Reading the tone of Rainer’s articles you almost get the sense that you, pew sitter, simply do not need to even be talking with your pastor."
- What Happens When Character Matters Less than Talent? -- "The thing about Manziel is that he has a ton of talent. He’s also got amazing passion. But..."
- Why Does the Bible Teach that Human Life is Sacred? -- "All human life is stamped with the Image of God."
- 13 Key Events of Church History -- "It is an interesting exercise for sure."
Friday, June 03, 2016
A Confession of Liberal Intolerance, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.