- A Brief Word Study on Σκύβαλον -- "This word is used primarily for excrement, especially human excrement; secondarily for rubbish, dirt, leavings, etc."
- Clarence Thomas: Don't Hide Your Faith in a 'World That Seems to Have Gone Mad with Political Correctness' -- "There could be no freedom without each of us discharging our responsibilities."
- Common Exegetical Fallacies -- "The issue of Exegetical Fallacies stemming from a misuse and/or misunderstanding of Biblical Greek is deeply relevant and far too common in our day."
- How to Steal a Church and Turn a Profit -- "The congregation of PIB is neither rich, nor sophisticated. At first they could not believe that their brothers in Christ in First Baptist Church would steal their church and appropriate their furnishings."
- Julian of Norwich: How an unknown hermit produced one of the Church's greatest spiritual treasures -- "Julian was the first woman to have a book published in English."
- Maryland college settles suit with student who claims it banned her conservative group -- "Moriah DeMartino...sued the school in February after it stopped her from opening a chapter of Turning Point USA ."
- One reason the North won the Civil War might surprise you -- "Geoarchaeologists are developing and using all kinds of new, non-invasive technology to study battlefields."
- Pope Francis Betrays Christianity By Romanticizing Poverty -- "...the core of Francis’s “theology of the people.” A strain of liberation theology, it lends a Christological gloss to Marxist theorizing."
- Senate bill calls for women to register for draft in 2018 -- "Women would begin signing up with Selective Service in January 2018 under a measure approved by the Senate Armed Services Committee."
- Southern Baptist state leaders accuse mission organization of strong arming -- "In order for NAMB to agree to fund those missionaries at 100 percent, it required the state to enter into a Cooperative Agreement with a non-disclosure statement..."
- Spiritual Gifts (a meditation) -- "Some people like to use a spiritual gifts inventory to help determine what gifts they may or may not have."
- The Baptism of General Sam Houston by Rufus C. Burleson -- "After baptizing Sam Houston, Rufus Burleson declared to the General “Your sins are washed away”, to which Houston is said to have replied, “God save the fishes!”"
- The Tragedy of William Cowper Brann, Waco's Infamous Firebrand -- "Some have admired Brann for his devotion to presenting what he believed was the truth, while others discounted him as a radical seeking to stir up the masses."
- What the Transgender Bathroom Debate Means For You -- "If you don’t have a category for a rough-and-tumble woman, like Jael, or a harp-playing man, like David, your church is handing over your children to the gender ideologies of the moment."
Monday, May 30, 2016
A Brief Word Study, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.