- 20 cognitive biases that screw up your decisions -- "You make thousands of rational decisions every day — or so you think."
- Alexander Hamilton was one of the greatest Americans and shouldn't be removed from the $10 bill -- "Hamilton himself – why is he the greatest American? It is almost impossible to believe the sheer daring of his imagination. He envisaged a United States of America that was improbable beyond reason, and then set about systematically putting into place the conditions that made his astonishing vision a reality."
- Is any marriage safe in an adulterous culture? -- "One night I just told him, 'I'm concerned about her coming so much because I think you're just infatuated with her attention.'"
- President Obama Orders Behavioral Experiments On American Public -- "The desired choices almost always advance the goals of the federal government, though they are often couched as ways to cut overall program spending."
- Report: A Christian Is Martyred Every 5 Minutes -- "According to a report from the group Christian Freedom International, every five minutes, a Christian is martyred for their faith somewhere in the world."
- There's a Woman in the United States Whose Religious Freedom Is Under Attack, But Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz are Silent -- "Yes, it is incumbent upon employers to provide a safe environment where employees can practice their religion. In fact, it's the law." (A good article had the author kept his own hypocrisy in check)
- The Rise of Victimhood Culture -- "People are intolerant of insults, even if unintentional, and react by bringing them to the attention of authorities or to the public at large."
- Top 10 myths about the Constitution on Constitution Day -- "The Constitution is our most endearing document, but not everything you read online about the Constitution is accurate!"
- What Your Pastors’ Jeans Say About Their Theology -- "After months of research, investigation and study, we’ve uncovered an issue that the Church must reckon with..."
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
20 biases, and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.