- Constitutional Convention delegates begin to assemble -- "Although the convention was originally supposed to begin on May 14, James Madison reported that a small number only had assembled."
- Oldest complete copy of Ten Commandments displayed in Israel -- "The 2,000-year-old Dead Sea Scroll has never before been publicly displayed in Israel..."
- The Case Against Fully Shifting To Gender Neutral Bathrooms -- "Pushing for gender neutral bathrooms is a new and increasingly popular form of campus activism.
- The Shocking Truth of Church Budgets -- "...people...understand that ministry requires funding. But they intuitively smell something foul about how many churches’ offerings are being used." "Comparatively, what do churches spend on personnel, buildings and administration expenses? Those items consume 82 percent of the average church’s budget, according a study from the Evangelical Christian Credit Union."
- The Two [West] Virginias -- "...in July 1863, the 48 northwestern counties of the Old Dominion formed the State of West Virginia. Despite this political shift, new lines drawn on the map changed little of the personal loyalties which existed from township to township, household to household." Want millennials back in the pews? Stop trying to make church ‘cool.’ -- "I want a service that is not sensational, flashy, or particularly ‘relevant.’ I can be entertained anywhere. At church, I do not want to be entertained. I do not want to be the target of anyone’s marketing."
- WNBA, USA Basketball's silence on Brittney Griner risks double standard -- "One league that was not brought before Congress: the WNBA."
Friday, May 15, 2015
Constitutional Convention and other links
The posting of links does not constitute an endorsement of the sites linked, and not necessarily even agreement with the specific posts linked.